Here’s Part II of the Race Preparation episode.
(To be honest, we could have squeezed it all into one much-shorter episode if we didn’t keep going off on tangents… but then that’s exactly what OTHER running podcasts would do, isn’t it?)
In the second half we discover:
- Why you STILL shouldn’t have broccoli in the morning before the race
- David reveals his three-stop toilet strategy…. and the one tablet you need to take before your race
- The hydration technique that ensures you don’t need to keep weeing during the race
- David says expresso, not espresso…. expresso
- David’s counterintuitive anti-superstitious approach to race preparation
- Jody and David officially do the WORST Arnie accents
- David admits to talking to himself… and talking to himself like a proper twat
- The Ultimate Playlist idea to raise money and have the best music playlist of all time for your race
- Jody’s super-cold compression tights nightmare
- An interesting drinking game that involves pants… not best played with David
- The stretching question. Not answered.
- David shows off his Classics knowledge and fails
- Jody suggests a new challenge for David and tries to rope the listeners in
- Jody and David talk about The Running Awards and their experience last year
- David scuppers his chances writing for any major running blogs by slating most of them
Now that you've listened, join the conversation!
Send us your feedback and running stories to email@example.com
Join the conversation on the Bad Boy Running Facebook group. Just go to Facebook and search Bad Boy Running.
Or find us on twitter @UltrarunnerJody and @DavidHellard using #badboyrunning