Jan 22, 2016
"I didn't expect THAT!"
Today's episode focuses on that wonderful moment we
all run our first race. Yes, the newbie race experience and all
those things about it no-one ever told you.
Please note, in this episode, we discuss the Running
Awards... which are now out of date as Bad Boy Running wasn't put
into the final (we're going with a conspiracy theory).
SO, PLEASE DON'T TRY TO VOTE - IT WON'T WORK!
Anyway, it's been left in almost as a historical
artefact, a memory of what might have been.
In this episode:
- The chaps discuss children’s TV
presenters (no, not 1970s ones...)
- Jody explains the concerns he has
about the running club
- David reveals another enemy of his
who is trying to overcharge him for his running club
- Jody is shocked by the lack of
activity on David’s Plenty of Fish profile
- The duo can’t believe how
over-exposed the comedian Catherine Ryan is…
- David explains how he’s his
sponsors’ little bitch (and how they were adamant he entered a race
where he got his arse kicked)
- Why David’s sponsors LOVE watching
him getting his arse kicked
- Announcing the global search for a
solution to David’s ankle
- David announces he’s running the
Afghanistan Marathon and reveals he know NOTHING about what’s going
- David lets listeners know what he
looks for in a night out (not safe listening)
- Jody belatedly explains Bad Boy
Running’s intentions to win the Running Awards… and David comes up
with a plan which involves us dressing up
- [PLEASE DON’T VOTE - NOMINATIONS
- David and Jody FINALLY get round to
talking about the subject
- A reader asks a brilliant
- Why you should NEVER shout out
David’s name in a race
- Jody discusses the Nipple Situation
and the scourge of bad race photos
- David explains how he felt seasick
running Berlin and his newbie strategy for dropping out of races so
he wouldn’t have to carry on
- Jody explains why he turns into
Gollum on a long race
- What are your first race
experiences and war stories? What went hideously wrong? What didn’t
you expect? Let us know via email@example.com or join the discussion on
the Facebook group - details below.
If you enjoyed this episode please SUBSCRIBE to
get every episode delivered to you before everyone else.
Join the conversation! If you want to request a guest
or chat about this episode with like-minded drunk runners then head
over to the Bad Boy Running Podcast Facebook group,
To join, just answer three questions either correctly
or hilariously and we'll realise you're not a spam robot and add
Here's how to get involved:
Lastly, don't forget to subscribe! FYB!