"I didn't expect THAT!"
Today's episode focuses on that wonderful moment we all run our first race. Yes, the newbie race experience and all those things about it no-one ever told you.
Please note, in this episode we discuss the Running Awards... which are now out of date as Bad Boy Running wasn't put into the final (we're going with a conspiracy theory).
SO, PLEASE DON'T TRY TO VOTE - IT WON'T WORK!
Anyway, it's been left in almost as a historical artefact, a memory of what might have been.
In this episode:
- The chaps discuss children’s TV presenters (no, not 1970s ones...)
- Jody explains the concerns he has about the running club
- David reveals another enemy of his who is trying to overcharge him for his running club
- Jody is shocked by the lack of activity on David’s Plenty of Fish profile
- The duo can’t believe how over-exposed the comedian Catherine Ryan is…
- David explains how he’s his sponsors’ little bitch (and how they were adamant he entered a race where he got his arse kicked)
- Why David’s sponsors LOVE watching him getting his arse kicked
- Announcing the global search for a solution to David’s ankle
- David announces he’s running the Afghanistan Marathon and reveals he know NOTHING about what’s going to happen
- David lets listeners know what he looks for in a night out (not safe listening)
- Jody belatedly explains Bad Boy Running’s intentions to win the Running Awards… and David comes up with a plan which involves us dressing up
- [PLEASE DON’T VOTE - NOMINATIONS HAVE CLOSED]
- David and Jody FINALLY get round to talking about the subject
- A reader asks a brilliant question
- Why you should NEVER shout out David’s name in a race
- Jody discusses the Nipple Situation and the scourge of bad race photos
- David explains how he felt sea sick running Berlin and his newbie strategy for dropping out of races so he wouldn’t have to carry on
- Jody explains why he turns into Gollum on a long race
- What are your first race experiences and war stories? What went hideously wrong? What didn’t you expect? Let us know via email@example.com or join the discussion on the Facebook group - details below.
Send us your feedback and running stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation on the Bad Boy Running Facebook group. Just go to Facebook and search Bad Boy Running.
Or find us on twitter @UltrarunnerJody and @DavidHellard using #badboyrunning