It's a tough subject, but someone's gotta talk about it... yes, those dreaded three letters.
D. N. F.
Did Not Finish.
In this episode we talk all things DNF as we introduce the first (and possibly last) ever Bad Boy Running guest, ultra-athlete Stefanie Bishop.
Here's what we got up to:
- Jody confesses to doing something he’s never done before… and David shows absolutely no sympathy towards him (honestly, not a word of support)
- The chaps drop the bombshell that the actually have a guest… introducing the incredible extreme racing champion and Death Race veteran Stefanie Bishop
- Stefanie explains her experience of running the first winter Death Race, shooting 9mms and tackling Olympic wrestlers… as well as the slightly lacking ‘motivational’ speeches by the organiser to help you through it
- Stefanie ponders which is more difficult: sat in a cold pond for hours with hypothermia or drinking 4 litres of milk?
- Stefanie reveals the quality of the reward for completing Death Races (honestly, it’s worth spending hours in a pond with hypothermia for…)
- David recalls the first time he met Stef at a race… and it wasn’t pretty (for a very good reason)
- Why Stef had to be forced to DNF and why less clothes is often better (or not, as we discover)
- Stef reveals the frankly RIDICULOUS amount of time she spent trying to overcome one obstalce during a race (no, really you won’t believe this)
- David accidentally reveals the names of two people in a relationship no-one is supposed to know about
- ALERT, ALERT… a genuinely good idea actually features on the show!
- David decides to end the podcast episode on a particular awkward question for Stef
Now that you've listened, join the conversation!
Send us your feedback and running stories to email@example.com
Join the conversation on the Bad Boy Running Facebook group. Just go to Facebook and search Bad Boy Running.
Or find us on twitter @UltrarunnerJody and @DavidHellard using #badboyrunning